RSS Feed

Alice In Wonderland Reflections (Student Responses)

PMpTue, 24 Jul 2012 22:27:06 -040027Tuesday 14, 2009 by Grade56neighbourhood blog   

34 Comments »

1. Hamish says:

This week in my workshops I interviewed Kobe from the marketing and promotions group. We had some troubles with him because he would not look at the camera or the interviewer. Eventually we persuaded him to and it turned out to be a good interview. Another event this week was the Documentation group had trouble with Movie Maker. Some other students were kind enough to help us out.

2. Ariel says:

Emma, Zalma, Olympia and I are painting on two big panels that say ‘Alice in Wonderland. These are the first thing people will see. We have had a lot of fun painting the panels.

3. Taylah says:

The group I am in is the documentation group, the people I am working with is Betty, Muna, Payam and Aiden. We have interviewed some people from the preformance group. After we interviewed some people we started to edit it. Muna, Betty and Payam got interviewed by Anne.

4. Hugo says:

My project is on the seating plan. We have had Kate in to help us today.The seats on the day are going to have three curving rows at the start, and the rest of the way it’s all strait. Each row will have 16 chairs each. It’s going great!

5. Joe says:

In the costume group this week my group mosty finished sewing on patches – for the Mad Hatters coat. We have also started designing the hat which proves a great difficulty.I have also finished sewing on some extra large lace cuffs to the jacket to continue the theme of ‘Mad’.

6. Poppy says:

I am in the costume group for Alice In Wonderland. I am working on Tweedle Dum Tweedle Dee with Montanna. We have done the spotty pants and bow. My ideas are mostly being put in the costumes. I love what im doing right now in costume design and I hope to finish it.

7. Emma says:

I’m in Set Design group. It’s really fun and hard working. This week we started painting our design, we almost finished but we are missing some details. I’m really happy being in set design, and I hope people like our big design.

8. Payam and Katelyn says:

We think that the Alice in Wonderland production is going very well.
    The costumes in the production are very good we are at the point where we are starting to sew and actually making the costumes for the preformance. The documentation group have been going around and interviewing the costume group and getting some information, some of the interviews that were done will be seen at assembely by the whole school.

9. Katrina says:

I’m in the Costume Design group and I’m working with Ana to make the flowers Rose and Daisy. The costumes are actually skirts and they have four layers. I found it hard to use tulle (the material) because on the edges it’s spiky and it’s not soft so it’s hard to handle.

10. Monique says:

This week Simona and I are making a flower pot for the Alice in Wonderland production because we didn’t have anything to do for Marketing and Promotion.

11. george says:

In Alice In Wonderland project I’m in group Marketing. Hugo, Theo, Stefan, Will and I are doing the seating plan this week we had some help with a teacher. Now we have figured out that we need 300 chairs!!!

12. Tom says:

For this terms production, I am in Set design with Louis and Spencer. Our job is to create the under-water scene. So far we have completed a giant piece of seaweed. I am looking foward to seeing it on stage!

13. Tom says:

This term for the Alice in Wonderland, I have been creating the Under-water scene with Louis and Spencer in Set design. So far we have completed a giant piece of seaweed. I look foward to seeing it on stage!

14. Viarne says:

For the Alice In Wonderland production in am a performer. I act as the Dodo Bird. I really love my part because it is JOYFUL, ENJOYABLE and the Dodo Bird is a really BRIGHT character. Being in the PERFORMANCE group is such a great expirience and I love meeting new people and getting to know them better than I alredy did. SINGING IS MY PASHION!!!

15. montana says:

I am in costume group for the alice in wonderland play. Poppy and I are making the costume for tweedle dee and tweedle dum. we have made the pants and we have got the t-shirt and we are making the bow tie. Jasman is playing tweedle dum and sian is playing tweedle dee. some of the parts in costume group are a little hard but it is lots of fun.

16. Jasmine says:

In the Alice In Wonderland production I am in the performance group. I am playing Tweedle Dum. We have all being working on learning our lines. I have now learnt all of my lines, so now I’m trying to help other people.

17. Lilli says:

This week for the Alice in wonderland production i’ve mostly been practercing my parts because i’m in the proformance group i have learnt my lines off by heart, so now I feel really confident for when the proformance will start. In the proformance i will be playing the doorknob. Ive been really enjoying the whole progect and i can’t wait to see the finished resault.
    writern by Lilli.

18. Nick says:

In my group I am doing a giant cupcake and all I need to do is cut it out and paint it.

19. Matilda says:

I am in Marketing and Promotions. My sub group is with Alice, Anjali and Holly, we are designing the program. I am doing a lot of the computer graphics. We have almost finished, all we really have left to do is scan in some drawings and put it all into one document.

20. Sam says:

Today we – Joe, Nic and I – continued sewing on patches to the ‘Mad Hatter’ costume. Joe finished sewing on lace cuffs, and Nic and I designed the hat, small and big; and made a patten for the small hat. So far the inquiry has ben fun and interesting, but not very challenging. I’m looking foward to the end results.

21. Betty says:

In Documentation Payam, Muna, Aiden, Taylah and I have been inteviewing one member in the peformance group. We have inteviewed Ellen about 3 times. The first 2 didnt work but luckily the 3rd one worked. The editing has been fun. We have a few arguments about what to keep in and take out but we get threw it after about 10 minutes.

22. Olympia says:

I am in marketing and promoting group but lately, Because we have finished everything we were sent to help Set Design. It has been fun panting with my friends Emma and Ariel. I think the producton will be great.

23. Lexi says:

Zhan Hui, Kobe and i have been stapeling paper together and screen printing the stuuf on to the envolopes.I am in marting and Promoiton. Simona, Monquie and i found out that we could not do the t-shirts so we had to help set design and create the envolopes.

24. Will says:

I’m In Marketing and promotions group. Im in a group with George P, Theo, Hugo and Stefan. We’re doing the Seating plan. It looks Pretty Cool but it takes a while to set up though. Today [As of 25/7/12] We got help from a retired Teacher. Her name was Kate.
    The seating plan is……… 3 arch rows at the front. And all the rest straight. We figured out we needed 306 Chairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Ana says:

I am in the Costume design group. I am making the costumes for the flowers. I am working with Katrina. We have started making the Rose and Daisy. We are using this material called Tuille. We have done four layers for the Rose and need to do our forth for the Daisy. I have learnt how to make a simple skirt.

26. Aiden says:

Latley in the Alice in Wondorland production, my group and I have been interviewing people from the performence group, then taking the film and uploading it onto Windows Movie Maker.
    We then can edit it, and save it as a movie to upload onto the Documentation Groups interviews file on student shared.
    My main job in my group is filming because I am the best filmer in the group.
    I am really enjoing working in the Documentation Group.

27. Nic says:

Joe, Sam and I are making the Mad Haters costume. It is really fun sewing on the patches and making the cuffs. All the costume look amazing it’s going to be brilliant at the end.

28. Holly says:

For Alice in Wonderland I am in the Marketing and Promotion group. I am making the program with Alice, Anjali and Matilda. We are very close to finishing. We are getting the program printed for free which is very good. I hope that the finished result will be good.

29. Anjali says:

This week in Alice in Wonderland Alice, Holly Matilda and myself have beeen working on the program, we are almost done because we know the layout and we have done most of the pages we just need to scan something in for the cover, get the page for the back and get it printed. We are getting it printed for free! Thats what I have been doing last couple of weeks when we have had time to work on it.

30. Alice says:

In Alice in Wonderland I have been working on the program with Anjali,Holly and Matlida.We are almost done because we know the layout and the colour scheme yet we still need to finish typing up bits and pieces for it. We also have to make a proper mock program so we can show it to the people who are kindly printing it for free! Thats what I have been doing for the last couple of weeks when we have had time to work on Alice in Wonderland!

31. Sascha says:

In Alice In Wonderland I am in Costume Design and Katelyn and I have been working on the Queen of Hearts and and the King of hearts. Katelyn and I have made the Queen of hearts skirt and we are all working on the doo doo bird. I cant wait to see the play I ands sure its going to be great.

32. Micah Cop says:

In Alice in Wonderland Roy and I are the props department and we have finally made the key! We have also made the cupcakes and almost done the cookie jar. Now we have to paint everything! But that’s okay because we don’t have much more to do anyway.

33. ROY says:

This week Micah and I finally made and cut out the big key (I cut it out) today I painted the cup cakes in a more faded kind of colour so I added alot of white in the mix. my favorite cup cake was the pink coloured one because it stands out the most!

34. Simona says:

I am in the Marketing and Promotion group but on Monday and Wednesday I helped the set designers. Monique and I made a flower pot and painted it. We are going to put flowers in it and we made a grid it was all perfect. I am really looking forward to making and presenting this play, Alice in Wonderland.

By Simona