RSS Feed

When People Refuse To Change!

PMpFri, 23 Nov 2012 19:45:24 -040045Friday 14, 2009 by Grade56neighbourhood blog   

PICTURES of an elderly couple’s house standing in the middle of a huge dual carriageway as they hold out for compensation to leave have gone viral on the internet in China.

The photographs, widely carried by Chinese state media and internet sites, show a partially demolished five-storey block of flats in the centre of the road in the eastern province of Zhejiang.

The phenomenon is called a NAIL HOUSE in China, as such buildings stick out and are difficult to remove, like a stubborn nail.

22 Comments »

1. Micah says:

No-one likes change and there is always a time when you want to go and stick your house in the middle of a road to show what you stand for (of course we can’t just do that but the thought is nice). But sometimes you have to change, and you just have to deal with it.

2. lexi says:

i think that the old couple are amazing and brave the to tell the goverment not to move there house. When i was young i had to move a peice of chesee that was getting moldy. But i didn’t want to move it!

3. simona and olympia says:

We thinkthat it isnt fair for governments want to make someone move homes because they want to build a freeway! They should be aloud to stay but they really need to fix it up.

4. Salma says:

Mabe some times you should change from something you can’t trust to something you can it’s your opion if you want to change or not the goverment doesn’t need to make you ut it they can make it uoto you.Changing can be great for some people and it can be bad.
    SALMA

5. Sam says:

I think that this is a perfect visual example of what would happen if people refuse to change. I can also see why this picture has gone viral!

6. Nic says:

They’re right they shouldn’t have to move because someone else wants them too.

7. Nick says:

I think that these people are correct and they should get compensation for moving or they should need to move. Making people move and oher big things like that will always spout protest from the population of the town.

8. Stefan and Roy says:

I think that the old couple should choose if they change or not because they have probably lived there all there life, mabe and then the goverment wants to put a high way there so they have to move.
    NOT FAIR!!

9. Aiden says:

I think this is absoloutly HILARIOUS!!!!
    I simply cannot belive that a five story block of flats is just SITTING in the middle of a dual carriageway!!!!

I saw this in the paper and I simply could’nt BELIVE MY EYES!!!!

I do like the way that this elderly couple are standing up to the goverment! I think it’s very brave of them!

This is just AWESOME!!!!

10. BETTY AND ANA says:

This is very cute. long live the king:D But seriously We think people should be able to live wherever they want to live because its their life.

11. Seb and George (I did the *Posh* version.) says:

I think They are right because they own the land so they have full rights to their land.

The *Posh* Version.

*cough, cough* According to section F subsection C if a person doesn’t have a house bank loan and is in a democratic country, he/she has full rights to their land and property.

Seb and George ;D

12. Ariel and Monique says:

I think these people are great because if they don’t want to move then they shouldn’t have to. They have rights. If they wont more money for their house then they should push untill the goverment gives them more money for the house. They are truly strong fighters!

13. Sascha and Payam says:

People should be themselves and say what they want to happen. They should each tell their side of the story.

14. Emmma & Katrina says:

We think that people should be able to live where they want with no extra presure from the government. They were the ones that bought the house at first so they should be able to stay there as long as they want.
    We also think that they should have some common sence because everyone else has moved and they are just stopping them from making a free-way. We also think that if one person disagrees they should stop the idea.

15. Eason says:

I think that these people are correct and should get compensation for moving.

16. theo-hugo says:

This is pretty cool because they are refusing to give up there house. And it looks like it has been moved there by a truck. And these people have the right to stay there and its funny that this is what they are chosing this choise over all the others.

Theo and Hugo

17. Taylah and Poppy says:

We think that no one should say where we can live, if you have a house somewhere you should not have to move because people want to make a road to use gas that kills our eco system. If we did not have long to live we would want to enjoy our little things. 😀

18. george says:

I think the people that lived there should get a bigger pay because they were living there and someone tells them to move it’s pretty hard to move when you don’t want to.

19. JOSEPH AND MARCUS says:

You have to change one day you can’t tell the goverment what you want. Sometimes things will change you.

20. Joe says:

Good on to the couple, I say! The government does not have a right to take someone’s elses land, and even worse, without paying. If the government takes their property, the residents are forced to go looking for another home and they might not have any money to buy it – thanks to the government…

21. saveourseals says:

We strongly believe that The Goverment should give the people more money than they are! Montana and ava.

22. saveourseals says:

The old couple must be really brave to have their house in the middle of a freeway like that. I wonder how much the govourment will end up buying the house for?