RSS Feed

Library Helpers Required 2013 (Parent Information)

AMpFri, 01 Feb 2013 06:53:08 -040053Friday 14, 2009 by Grade56neighbourhood blog   

Dear Parent Helpers (from 2012),

I am writing to update you on the arrangements for 2013. I hope you might be able to support the library in some way during the year. We could not do it without you.

Firstly, my days on deck are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I’m still getting my timetable sorted, as some of this time will be Library focussed and some of it will be conducting Literacy Support with students.

Many of you are already familiar with the duties/tasks available for Helpers to be involved in. You are more than welcome to do more than one of course! Meanwhile, it would be great if you could encourage other parents to give some time to the Library this year too. If you have any feedback or suggestions please let me know, as it is important for me that we make your time here as enjoyable and productive as possible.

Remember to sign in/out with Julie at the Office too!

Duties/Tasks: Time Required each Week (suggested only)
Book covering 1-2 hours
Re-shelving books/resources 15-30 min. per week
Ordering shelves 15-30 min. per week
Removing old/damaged stock from system (t.b.d.)
Cataloguing/Processing 2-3 hours (training required, would need to commit to assisting throughout the year)
Assisting with Stock Take 1-2 hours (training required, would need to commit to assisting throughout a term or more)
Book Repairs 1-2 hours

Please let me know if you are available or not, and if so what time and/or tasks you might like to work to/on.

Remember to invite other parent/family helpers to join the PHPS Library Crew. Thanks again and have a great 2013.

Mark Riley
Teacher Librarian

»