RSS Feed

A letter to Mr Abbott and Mr Rudd (By Seb)

AMpWed, 14 Aug 2013 06:20:48 -040020Wednesday 14, 2009 by Grade56neighbourhood blog   

Dear Mr Rudd/Mr Abbott,

I have noticed the tension in the labour party and it has definitely affected the productivity, now Kevin is in charge and thatís all over, so itís time for some policies to be established. Hereís what I recommend you make your priorities

1: Asylum Seekers
The PNG Plan was solving a problem, with yet another problem which does not seem like an advancement forward. So a new program should be established with an improved system to assess asylum seekers. Resettling refugees into big cities isnít good as you want refugees to be resettled into rural/remote towns where they will find it easy to be ďacceptedĒ into the community.

2: Education
Better schools for Australia planned to put Australia in the top 5 for education. that our ranking hasnít changed and it is important to have high pay employment for economic growth. So it does seen like the fate of Australia is up to the education service. Well it is. Gonski would be an important leap for Australia and its Economy

3: Health
Australiaís Emergency rooms just arenít cutting it. the waiting lists are very high for those needing operations and people dying in the hands of paramedics is becoming a big problem. Medicare, the public health service doesnít cover dental health and the price of dental equipment such as braces can cost up to $10,000. Also in the new ambulances from Mercedes Benz seem to be braking down which is another huge problem. All in all Australia needs to clean the health services, because at the moment things are looking a little bit sloppy

~Seb

9 Comments »

1. face of fish says:

if we write a letter to Kevin Rudd or Tony Abbot no one will answer, they both get a very plausible amount of emails each day, and we’re school children, no one really cares about the opinions of kids.

2. ANONOUMOUS says:

Dear Mr Rudd/Mr Abbott,

1: Asylum Seekers

2: Education

3: Health
    Australiaís Emergency rooms just arenít cutting it. the waiting lists are very high for those needing operations and people dying in the hands of paramedics is becoming a big problem. Medicare, the public health service doesnít cover dental health and the price of dental equipment such as braces can cost up to $10,000. Also in the new ambulances from Mercedes Benz seem to be braking down which is another huge problem. All in all Australia needs to clean the health services, because at the moment things are looking a little bit sloppy.

3. Leo Digby says:

Dear Kevin Rudd my name is Leo,
    I think you should change team teaching, its not working out for me much I cant keep up with it everything is everywhere. I cant get to the right class, I get so confused.we have some sign in were they get us to sign in our selves and sometimes we forget and get in heaps of trouble.

4. Clancy says:

Dear Mr Rudd

I think that think that you should change some of your polices especially your asylum seeker policy I think that it is very cruel and mean.

Firstly I think that it is completely wrong because they have come on leaky boats spend all there money on this and they have come from dangerous and war ridden countries.

Secondly it is even worse that they get sent to Papa New Guinea, also the government says on their web sit that: Papa New Guinea is dangerous and crime ridden countries, and yet they are sending the asylum seekers there.
    Dear Mr Rudd

Dear Mr Rudd

5. Stefan.S says:

Dear Mr Rudd I think you are not a great leader if you take money from the government every day and never give it back to them. If you run our country it will turn out like Greece and we will lose all our money.

6. Hugo O'Toole says:

Dear Mr Rudd

I have noticed the tension in the labour party may have affected normal work because of advertising for labour. So its time for some policies to be put in place. Here’s what I recommend you make your priorities

1: Education.
    Apparently better schools for Australia planned to put Australia in the top 5 in education in the world. I think it is important Australia is recognized for education. Gonski would be a very big leap for Australia’s education

2: Asylum Seekers
    I don’t think the PNG plan is very wise, I think refugees that have spent all their life trying to come to Australia should stay. But instead of being settled in big cities like Melbourne or Sydney they should be settled in the country. So they don’t get caught up in gangs or anything.

2: Health
    At the moment Australia’s health system isn’t that good. People can be waiting in emergency rooms for 6 hours and sometimes with serious illnesses like a heart attack or cancer but they don’t realise. Also the new ambulances the Mercedes Benz keep breaking down at the moment the Health system isn’t that good

7. Orlando Moloney says:

Dear,
    Mr Rudd
    It has come to my attention that since the change of PM your party has become a little unstable with its work ethic!

So there are some things i would like you to improve on in your time on the top job!

1.Education: I believe that the so called “Education Plan” is not enough for our remote schools as well i think the more populated schools have enough resources we should concentrate our resources on the more remote communities such as broom and cape york indigenous lands!

2. Asylum Seeker Plan:
    I strongly oblige that sending asylum seekers to PNG would not be a very good idea simply because they come to australia to get a safe and happy life to “restart”.

3.Poverty:
    Every single trip i make to the CBD of melbourne i see maybe 2-3 people sitting on the street with ragged clothes and i feel very sorry for them i don’t have the money to support them but since you rule the country i think u could stop this problem!

Thank You For listening to my ideas/plans!

8. Seb.D says:

Dear Mr Rudd/Abbott
    Please change some things in Australia.

1*Asylum seekers.
    Asylum seeker should not be sent to these places like PNG and Manus Island were you have a chance of being robbed or worse. There is also a chance of dieing from disease. these people just want to escape from a war ridden place.

2* Homeless
    Can you sleep well at night knowing that someone less fortunate than you doesn’t have a roof over their head and proper food and clothes. They have to sleep on the streets!

3* Education
    Ever since Ted was Education Minister he cut the teacher’s budgets and so Education-wise we weren’t the ripest pear in the fruit bowl. Please try and fix it.

9. Dante says:

Dear Kevin Rudd, good job on the NBN. Now businesses, hospitals and homes will get faster broadband.

I believe what you did with the Asylum Seekers was a great idea, because we have been taken them in to our country for along time and if we do it for any longer, our country will be filled up with homeless and poor people…